Monday, September 21, 2020

Lego Blocks Part 2

The Assignment

Our assignment was to select a lego set, build out the pieces in Maya, and render the creation in UE4 alongside a creation of our own! Below is the Lego set that I selected.

The Process

I first began by blocking out the shapes in Maya, and then from there I brought them into UE4.




Then, I built my ship in a scene and converted it to a Blueprint so that I could easily manipulate it with edits as I fixed some of my geometry to properly fit together.

Next, I built out my materials! This is my Master material that I edited for all other materials, and below it is the settings that I changed on this material to get the see-through appearance of my see-through pieces.

The same information as above, but instead of 'Clear Coat' as the Shading Model, I instead used 'Subsurface'!


I wanted the ships to rotate so I did so using an on event tick that rotated the object on it's Z-axis.

Final Results






No comments:

Post a Comment