Monday, April 5, 2021

Island Project Week 01

Island Project Week 01 - Crab

   For the first week of this project, I focused on collecting references to use for the crab as well as beginning to build upon the sculpt that Nick had already created. Since we are going with Orb's style (which is inherently Blizzard's style because that's who he works for) I decided to pull what I could for stylized references of crabs from World of Warcraft. I then did some digging to try and find crabs that fit with the geometry already created. Using the Ghost Crab reference that was given as a starting off point, I also found a similarly shaped Galapagos Painted Ghost Crab that had a coloring similar to what I believe the crabs should be at the end of the project. They also had more defined eyes which appeared to be more inline with the original concept. 

I then began editing the sculpt that was already provided by Nick. I added the definition to the legs, to the top and bottom of the body, as well as to the claws and the eyes / face. I tried to develop some separation where the leg joints met one another so that it would be easier to tell they were separations in the future utilizing Folygon's Cloth Fold brush.







No comments:

Post a Comment