Monday, April 19, 2021

Island Project Week 02

 Island Project Week 02 — Crab (High Res)

    This week I worked on making the crab appear more "cute" and "friendly" to the player! We started out with a much more realistic looking crab, but I narrowed down what traits made crabs look cute. What I found in my research was that crabs with big eyes that were mostly black were adorable, and crabs with small faces were adorable. I was able to find lots of things that did not look cute on a crab. Super pointy legs made them look too spider-like, any kind of open-mouth looked weird on most of them. Eyes that had color and whites looked strange and too much like people eyes. I found that mostly rounded shapes looked best, while keeping away from any sharp pointed edges. I then worked on moving the sculpt in this direction, and think I did so pretty well!

I did not get this version of the crab in engine yet, but it will be in engine soon. A lot of my time was worn away because this break I got major surgery to have my gallblader removed. Monday (today) was my first day actually back working, but I'm finding some major pain if I sit at my desktop propping my upper body up for too long. Hopefully this week as I recover more I'll be able to really put in some hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment