Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Backpack Project Week 02

 Backpack Project Week 02

The rate at which I was learning information from the tutorial that I had originally intended to follow was not sufficient for the accelerated pace that this project needed to undergo, so I had to give up learning the program slowly in favor of experimentation, trial and error, and generally just winging it to see if something would work out.

After hours of crashing, dealing with what the program could and couldn't handle, and lots of inside out materials that made the entire model explode, this is what I ended up being able to create.

I wanted to focus on what I believed to be the most difficult part of the backpack to achieve, the rings at the top that are cinched using a rope. It turned out being extremely difficult, but here it is! I also got a single pocket on and began to learn how to make creases and folds to properly reflect the way I wanted the material to bend.






This lack of progress sets me behind in my accelerated schedule of learning & doing, so I'll have to crunch hours this following week in order to make up for the lost time from learning.








No comments:

Post a Comment